How to get there
National and international flights arrive daily at Milan-Malpensa airport which is 80 km from Albagnano di Bee. Alternatively, there are flights to Milan-Linate airport. From Malpensa, a bus service runs from the Sunday before Easter until the end of October, which takes you to Verbania Intra – (bus stop: bar Lucini).
You need to book in advance
- For the rest of the year the bus service from the airport will take you to Gravellona. You need to book in advance
- From Gravellona there is a general bus service VCO Trasporti to Intra, bus stop Imbarcadero vecchio.
- To go from Intra to Albagnano you can take a general bus VCO Trasporti up to the village of Bee (1200 m from Albagnano), or you can organize a lift or a taxi. Contact the centre
The nearest train station to Albagnano is Verbania Pallanza. Info
From Verbania-Pallanza station (line: Milano-Domodossola-Geneva or Basel) a general bus service VCO Trasporti will take you to Imbarcadero vecchio in Intra, Verbania.
From Milano Cadorna and Varese you can take the Ferrovie Nord to Laveno Mombello and from there you can take the ferry to Intra, Verbania.
To go from the station to Intra or to Albagnano you can take a general bus VCO Trasporti up to the village of Bee (1200 m from Albagnano), or you can organize a lift or a taxi. Contact the centre
- From Locarno: after passing the Italian border follow the signs for Verbania-Intra.
- From Brig: it is possible to use the car train Brig – Iselle (for timetables and information www.cff.ch) or cross the Simplon Pass and then follow the signs for Domodossola or Milano. Once you have passed the Italian border take the superstrada towards Milano, Exit: Verbania
- From Milan: from the motorway A8 signposted “Milano Laghi” take the A26 towards Gravellona Toce. Exit: Verbania
- From Genova: motorway A26 Genova-Gravellona Toce. Exit: Verbania
- From Torino: from the motorway A4 “Torino-Milano” take the A26 towards Gravellona. Exit: Verbania
- From Varese: From the A8 take the A26 towards Gravellona Toce. Exit: Verbania or go to Laveno Mombello and take the regular ferry service (also for cars) which will take you to Verbania-Intra
From Verbania follow the directions towards Premeno on the mountain (SP55). On the way up, there are two alternatives:
– either leave the main road at Arizzano: turn right, drive through the village in the direction of Caronio-Carciago; after less than a kilometre, turn left at a small crossroads before the Pizzeria Ai Mulini, up the steep Via per Albagnano, to the Centre’s car park. (Not recommendable with campers and caravans or in case of snow and slipperiness)
– or continue to Bee (SP55); turn right in front of the little bar and immediately sharp left direction Albagnano. Both Albagnano and the Centre are signposted. As soon as you pass the signpost Albagnano, look for a place to park you car. The last chance for you to park is at the carpark in front of the Colonia, Via Zara 9. Campers and caravans better are parked at Rio Mulini before entering the village.